My review of 2014, a bit late, because I finished a couple of projects at the end of december which I wanted to blog about first. Looking back, I think I achieved quite a lot. For me, 2013 was the year in which I truly started historical sewing. I made my first set of underthings, for 1860’s, and finished my first regency dress. In 2014, I continued and learnt a lot.
The year started with finishing my 1860’s black velvet dress.
After this dress, I started on new regency clothing. To do it properly, I first needed underthings, so I made a shift:
After this, I could make my new dress. I started this dress in the summer and it took ages to finish, but it is done and I really like how it turned out.
The end of the year was very productive for me. I made a full set of items for regency outer-wear. A spencer, chemise, bonnet and muff.
At the end of the year in the christmas holidays, I finished two more items. A new, sturdier 1860’s hoop:
And although not entirely historical, my Irish dance dress:
Now onto 2015!